We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and independent researcher that would join a growing young team. The research of the team focuses on data driven generative design and optimization of various aspects of wireless and energy networks. Some recent research topics: event detection, anomaly detection, non-intrusive monitoring, data pipelines, embedded AI.
You will contribute to:
- The establishment of short and long term research agenda
- Generate new ideas for research and projects
- Lead the activities of running projects
- Coordinate/write scientific papers for dissemination in journals and at conferences
- Advise PhD students
Jožef Stefan Institute is the leading Slovenian scientific research institute, covering a broad spectrum of basic and applied research. The staff of more than 1000 specializes in natural sciences, life sciences and engineering. The mission of the Jožef Stefan Institute is the accumulation and dissemination of knowledge at the highest international levels of excellence. The Institute is also a local leader in technology transfer through extensive collaborations with industry and associated spin-offs and start-ups. The announced post is with the Department of Communication Systems.
Jožef Stefan Institute’s offices are located a 20-minutes’ walk from the center or Ljubljana, with convenient public transport connections. Ljubljana is a human sized city and a very pleasant place to live in with only 40 mins drive to ski resorts and 1 hour drive to the Adriatic sea.
What we offer:
- Working in a world class international research environment involved in international collaborative projects
- Opportunities to publish in the best journals and conferences in the field
- Additional training in the form of specialized workshops, tutorials, summers schools, technical events
- Connections to deep tech start-ups
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidized child care, Slovenia offers a very good environment for families
- 12 months of paid maternity leave, also some paid paternity leave according to the existing laws and regulations
Required qualifications and selection criteria:
Employment: The default is one year full-time employment with possible extension. Category H019001, amounting to 27.440 € yearly gross salary + some success bonuses.
Place of work: Ljubljana.
Information: Further information is available from Polona Anzur, email@example.com phone, +386 1 477 3107 and dr. Carolina Fortuna firstname.lastname@example.org (link). More information can also be found at http://e6.ijs.si/.
Application: The application must include a cover letter describing motivation, research interests & relevant experience, a detailed CV, pointers to recent relevant project (e.g. GitHub repository) or/and journal publications, a digital copy of PhD certificate and possibly one letter of recommendation.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: Subject to agreement
Salary: Standard academic salary and additional bonus for good performance
Number of positions: 1