The development of Medusa is motivated by other ongoing research in our laboratory, and in turn, the tried-and-tested and reusable code provided in Medusa helps to achieve our goals faster and more reliably. See the about page for more details.
If you used the Medusa library in your research, the developers would be grateful if you would cite the main paper describing the library, listed just below. PDF is also available from arXiv.Jure Slak, and Gregor Kosec. "Medusa: A C++ Library for solving PDEs using Strong Form Mesh-Free methods." To appear in ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, 2021. ” BibTeX
Additionally, see below for a list of publications already using the Medusa library.
§ Original scientific papers
Below is a list of our original scientific papers that make use of the Medusa Library. The PDFs of the preprints are linked. For a full list of publications, including conference papers, check the Medusa project on Research Gate.
- Mitja Jančič, Jure Slak, and Gregor Kosec. "Monomial augmentation guidelines for RBF-FD from accuracy vs. computational time perspective." Journal of Scientific Computing (2021). PDF (arXiv)
- Urban Duh, Gregor Kosec, and Jure Slak. "Fast variable density node generation on parametric surfaces with application to mesh-free methods." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing (2020). PDF (arXiv)
- Jure Slak, and Gregor Kosec. "On generation of node distributions for meshless PDE discretizations." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 41, no. 5 (2019): A3202-A3229. PDF (arXiv)
- Gregor Kosec, Jure Slak, Matjaž Depolli, Roman Trobec, Kyvia Pereira, Satyendra Tomar, Thibault Jacquemin, Stéphane PA Bordas, and Magd Abdel Wahab. "Weak and strong from meshless methods for linear elastic problem under fretting contact conditions." Tribology International 138 (2019): 392-402. PDF (Research Gate)
- Maksić, M., V. Djurica, A. Souvent, J. Slak, M. Depolli, and G. Kosec. "Cooling of overhead power lines due to the natural convection." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 113 (2019): 333-343. PDF (JSI)
- Jure Slak, and Gregor Kosec. "Adaptive radial basis function–generated finite differences method for contact problems." International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 119, no. 7 (2019): 661-686. PDF (arXiv)
- Jure Slak, and Gregor Kosec. "Refined Meshless Local Strong Form solution of Cauchy–Navier equation on an irregular domain." Engineering analysis with boundary elements 100 (2019): 3-13. PDF (arXiv)